01-29-2020, 09:55 PM   #21
James_G0540i
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 G05 40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
Our G05 X5 50i M-Sport does 3.9 seconds 0-60mph. The X5 M50i does 3.7 seconds 0-60mph via my/our owners real world Draggy times. I think even the X5 40i might take it as it’s putting down 4.8 seconds 0-60mph.

Point is,....these are V8TT full size luxury/muscle SUV’ and still will eat up their top Stinger sports car. In the end you can’t out run crappy build quality. Kia will never come close to BMW let alone a full M Division car. Totally different zip codes. Kia had the automotive press push the Stinger as hard as they could trying to get any performance credibility and in the end marketing and price point building is not going to take on the big dogs.

My gut says the Genius branding will be more popular in China where Buick is a huge seller.

Honestly it’s been said over and over as to what level and experience you look for in a automobile and If you can’t tell the difference between a Kia/Mazda/etc.... to a luxury/performance German car then save your money and buy Asian. Why spend extra money on qualities and features you won’t appreciate??? This was always the common advise at PCA when justification of price and brands are discussed. Why buy steak when a hamburger will satisfy.
You know comments like these always make me laugh, and by far show very immature thinking.

The one thing Asian car companies do really well is copy, iterate, update, and they continue this cycle until they hit the mark, especially in quality. It early days for the Korean car companies, so watch this space.

My own personal experience of quality is that I am on my 2nd G05, because the first had to go back as it was a complete "lemon" with a long and continued list of faults and issues. It doesn't take too much reading on this forum to uncover the level of quality of the G05. So from my perspective BMW is quickly losing its reputation in the quality stakes as far as I'm concerned.

As far as straight line speed is concerned, "In god I trust, all others post Youtube videos".
Its interesting someone can still be in the same ball-park as far as straight line speed performance is concerned and only pay 30% of what you're paying. But that's OK, the depreciation hit you take will take care of that.

I'm still loving my X5 G05, I think its the best car I've ever owned, it suits my needs perfectly and I plan on keeping it for a very long time.
Would I go buy a Hyundai or Kia ? - probably not right now, mainly because they don't make anything equivalent to the X5 at the moment, but in 15-20 years time the market will change dramatically - especially with the emergence of PHEVs and EVs.

Last edited by James_G0540i; 01-29-2020 at 10:11 PM..
Appreciate 2
faiz76.50
RJC179.00