View Single Post
      05-11-2020, 08:24 AM   #34
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki021 View Post
Well, I also assume most American's don't buy M cars either...

Such people shouldn't be buying a 100k+ car in the first place.

It's funny how you would like that your customers continue buying whatever you are offering, but you would like to be on a safe side and delay everything. Once things are back to normal, you will start spending again? Very selfish thinking.

And what happens when many people start thinking like that? Money velocity slows down and everything goes to hell. Yes, worst is coming if, but only if you cause it.

I also don't understand why are you advising somebody to be super, extra cautions just because he is on this forum? But on the other hand, you absolutely don't care about much poorer people who will lose their jobs because of such behavior.

On the bright side, hope I will be able to profit from this and get some crazy deal in September/October when I need to order a new car, probably the X5M.
Laki, I know both sides very well. I've spent eight years living in Switzerland (Zurich and Nyon). Two very different spending attitudes. A Swiss person will not overspend! Many Americans have a tendency to overspend and accumulate debts. This is also encouraged by the system here that wants you to spend as much as possible and take as many credits as only possible. Many have huge monthly spendings on all kinds of credits and absolutely dispensable stuff such as leasing 120k M cars they should not be leasing with their fragile financial status. When they suddenly lose their job, which is obviously not uncommon in America in general and especially these days, or have sudden medical expenses, also not uncommon in this country where many are uninsured, the whole family is screwed (incl. small kids).
Appreciate 1
dds007411.00