View Single Post
      10-25-2023, 03:26 AM   #32
Heavyd
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e

Quote:
Originally Posted by apw2607 View Post
That doesnt surprise me to tell you the truth. I have zero confidence that later minor revisions of 07/2023 fixed the carplay / android auto connectivity issues. There wasn't much time between those builds. There's clearly more going on.

I'm still on 07/2023.33 and now that i've turned off my VPN that was on and used for work reasons, i've pretty much had no more issues connecting. Every so often i would get the bluetooth version error but i sometimes got that even if i didn't have my phone with me in the car.

I hope that at least later revisions fix the headunit crashing (black screen) issue which i think lots of us have experienced for seemingly random reasons. That should be a showstopper for BMW engineering to fix whatever is going on there ... although i blame Garmin. Ever since BMW changed the supplier for the headunit, things have gone downhill badly.

This is inexcusable its happening at all and should really never happen. If the headunit is not stable enough to work properly 100% of the time, then they shouldn't be selling the cars.
I had zero issues for months with 07/2023.33

Is there a way to go back?
Appreciate 0