Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Competition Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syscrusher View Post
Then you clearly are not coming from a 2016 m3 equipped with the OEM M performance exhaust. The "Sport" Exhaust in the X5M Comp is currently lame. I drive the car every day. For an M car it should have a setting that is more aggressive if desired. They do this for the first years of production on purpose so they can upsell the M Performance exhaust as a 7k option. . I am waiting until it is available to get mine installed.
No but i also had a F80 Comp 6mt with the Akrapovic exhaust w. magnaflow resonators. No offense but the oem m performance exhaust is my least favorite sounding one for that car. Raspy and sounds like a high pitch rattle/fart can. Granted i wasn't really a fan of 99% of the stuff for the S55 so...

Some like deep v8 exhaust that goes vroom vroom while others like rat ratt ratttt pop pop pop ppop.

With that said I wish the stock Comp exhaust on the X5M to be alittle louder once its warmed up. Cold start is already loud enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syscrusher View Post
Then you clearly are not coming from a 2016 m3 equipped with the OEM M performance exhaust. The "Sport" Exhaust in the X5M Comp is currently lame. I drive the car every day. For an M car it should have a setting that is more aggressive if desired. They do this for the first years of production on purpose so they can upsell the M Performance exhaust as a 7k option. . I am waiting until it is available to get mine installed.
No but i also had a F80 Comp 6mt with the Akrapovic exhaust w. magnaflow resonators. No offense but the oem m performance exhaust is my least favorite sounding one for that car. Raspy and sounds like a high pitch rattle/fart can. Granted i wasn't really a fan of 99% of the stuff for the S55 so...

Some like deep v8 exhaust that goes vroom vroom while others like rat ratt ratttt pop pop pop ppop.

With that said I wish the stock Comp exhaust on the X5M to be alittle louder once its warmed up. Cold start is already loud enough.
Cold start is nice! I agree with you there. And I think a more refined exhaust sound would be nice. You and an F80 too! With Akra. And you are happy with this exhaust for a comp model? I feel there just should be a bit more excitement in a comp model if you press the M2 button. The power is there. The sound could be a littler bit louder. Mark my words, a louder exhaust will come later. I am ready to put one on as soon as available. It's half the emotion of the drive. Love everything else about this vehicle.
2014 335 xi M Performance Edition BSM/Black
2007 Lexus IS 350
Appreciate 0