View Single Post
      12-01-2019, 08:10 AM   #32
randybobandy
Rick James
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

buze I agree with you on not rushing it. I just wish they went out and hired a team to get this implemented. I wouldn't mind constant updates and tweaks if I didn't have to keep going to the dealer. I actually am happy with all the iOS updates, since it shows they're fixing bugs and what not.

BMW's lack of information and transparency with customers has been my gripe. I love the car, and it drives beautifully. However, I purchased this car on the fact they would be pushing updates and constantly improving. I hope (and know) they will figure it out, but it needs to improve. They are improving the safety features and what not, but given their track record on software, I want to know that it is being done right and well.

In short, as long as I get from Point A to Point B safely, with music, phone, and messaging, as well as navigation...I am a happy camper. I just prefer going to the dealership for mechanical issues and scheduled maintenance. My "oh CarPlay keeps disconnecting" excuse is dying. It was fixed way back in the year for me, but it seems to be the only way to get a software update. Who the heck knows what they're doing, since we don't get release notes. At the end of the day, I love this car, but hate it at the same time...I just get picky with tech and want to get the full potential out of this car. The worst part is I am almost a year into my subscriptions, so I basically lost a year of RSU that I paid for when initially purchasing. I hope BMW does an extension.

Oh, and hope they AU article is universal and we get CarPlay for no cost!
Appreciate 0