View Single Post
      01-25-2022, 11:13 AM   #80
760Lifan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 4xe Summit R & Trailhawk

LOL - I've been reading this thread and have the feeling that some are missing the point.

I don't think the OP was asking if the M50i is performing, handling or what not like the X5 M. I also saw posts here with diagrams of specific parts that are on the X5 M.

Again, I don't think that's the point.

IMO, in the end, you can call it marketing BUT the final decision what is officially an M or not is made by BMW and that's what they did: They officially consider the M50i an M.

For me, on my former X7 M50i, it did not really matter. I could have gotten a fully loaded X5 M competition for the same amount of money but I did not want to sacrifice on comfort.

If you are going back to the roots of BMW M, I bet many would have a hard time considering ANY SUV to be a true M.

When I was young, a BMW M was, well, an M3 and nothing else...
Gone: 2020 X7 M50i, Mineral White, Ivory White Full Merino, Piano Black Trim, Cold Weather, Dynamic Handling, Driving Assistance, Luxury Seating, Executive, 22" Y-Spoke Orbit Grey Wheels Style 758i, Space Saver Spare, Trailer Hitch, Leather Dash, Ambient Air, Bowers & Wilkins, Rear Entertainment, Night Vision, Extended Shadowline, Alcantara Headliner in Upholstery Color.
Appreciate 1