View Single Post
      01-15-2019, 11:40 AM   #9
brad850csi
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhanson View Post
What a great review. Thanks for putting the time in, it was very enjoyable to read.

I'm in a similar circumstance. Mid 30's and not a spring chicken-boy racer anymore. I love my RS5 and even though it's incredibly slow compared to these cars, it shows that sometimes less is more. I can wind it to 8400 rpm and not always break the law - it sounds like making the M5 roar will land you in jail if you're near police. It's a 10 year old platform and dated but it makes me smile every day, and that's really my requirement for my next car. I just can't make myself love the M5. I certainly respect it but this review echos my feelings. I've yet to see an 8 in the flesh let alone drive one, but from what I've seen it seems to be more involved and make its reviewers smile. My car is a second vehicle so it doesn't have to be overly practical aside from squeezing a car seat for my son because he loves cars as much as I do.

The question is...8 series, or look at 911/vantage/AMG. Your review helps but I have a lot of (enjoyable) test driving to do.
I'm the same age and love my M6. My issue is not knowing what to get next. The M8 isn't really speaking to me too much at the moment but we'll see when it comes out.