03-15-2016, 03:57 PM   #176
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335penguin View Post
I would like to input a woman's opinion, I read through most of the comments telling him to dump her if she wants an expensive nice ring. I disagree This is something she will wear on her finger every day for the rest of her life it should be what she wants, that being said perhaps she should help pay for her ring. I personally want a nice ring and we've talked about when the time comes to picking out and getting a ring if the one I want costs more than he can afford I will chip in. I wouldn't want him to financially suffer I'd say yes to anything he got me but there's nothing wrong with pitching in and getting exactly what I want.
I don't understand the "perhaps she should help pay for the ring". Every woman that gets married to the man that bought the ring will help pay for the ring unless they plan on keeping all money separate. If he spends $50k or whatever the number, once they get married and everything gets combined, the missing $50k, or payments or whatever is now both of their problem. If the number is a drop in the bucket to what he has it may not matter but for most an expensive ring is just a delay in buying other things (house, school loans, car, kids college) or a reduction in their ability to use the money for other things.

If she had a large amount of money and I had very little I would be happy to buy the expensive ring. Once we combine our money the problem will be gone. Whether she likes it or not she will have paid for the ring.
Appreciate 0