View Single Post
      08-09-2020, 07:01 AM   #8
MadSpirit
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X4, X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
Shocks sound fine, can hear the compression and decompression. First time seeing BMW style 736 - 20" wheels

Not sure of the clack sound that's coming from the front. Is it only apparent with bumps?

Beyond recording, has your dealer try any troubleshooting? Reseating wheel on hub; checking wheel bolt tightness; check the strut mounting points...
Thank you.
It’s only on speed bumps, no sound on rough surface or normal roads.
I’m waiting for official list of works from dealer to know exactly what they did during inspection/repair, because it took whole day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_G0530d View Post
It always astounds me how fast people go over speed humps.

Don't get me wrong, I hate those damn things - they're are the most annoying and destructive things put on the road for cars, however they are a reality, they're not going to go away any time soon, and their purpose is to slow you down.

So do yourself a favour, go over them at or below the recommended speed limit (usually < 20km/h, but depends on the height of the speed hump), and save your car from costly suspension damage.
Usually I don't drive fast over bumps , but need to make suspension travel to replicate noise.
I have this problem from the first day I’ve got my car, found in few hours after left dealer on my new car.

Last edited by MadSpirit; 08-09-2020 at 07:15 AM..
Appreciate 0