shainblm
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shainblm View Post
Can anyone tell me what a reasonable discount off MSRP would be on a 2020 X5 40i xdrive 36 month lease. Only one dealer within 50 miles in my area so not expecting much. Right now they're offering me 5% off the MSRP of a car that I ordered that is already at the dealership. Thanks!!
A reasonable discount % off is subjective. Members have negotiated up to 10% off MSRP (more than 10% are unicorns) before any incentives which depends on many factors from your relationship with a dealer, how you go about getting multiple dealers to compete for you business, your negotiation skills, where you live, time of year etc.

Getting back to your question, anywhere from 7 to 8% off is reasonable. More than 9%, you're gotta have to work it - sometimes that means going out of state for that deal.

Going to set some expectations for forum members fishing for deals - no dealer is not going to offer you 9-10% right at the start.

My only advise is if you're in the market - know what you want, how much it costs, what incentives are available and go in knowing your💩. Know the basics of leasing or financing - there's so many resources out the web - Edmunds, Leasehackr, this forum.

The more you know, the more leverage you have going into negotiations and getting that unicorn deal.
Thanks a lot!
The pushback I'm getting is they're telling me cost is a 6% mark up I've heard otherwise what is my response to that? Then they start saying they can't take a hit on the car... just playing games with me?
Appreciate 0