View Single Post
      07-06-2020, 11:26 AM   #36
Ninefourteener
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i, 2020 Alfa 4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSCORP View Post
Hello! Sorry if this been covered elsewhere, i dint find it. Do you guys know if the engine that have 530hp vs the 523hp has the particulate filter, or what shoud be de difference aside from the increase hp?
The one that they bring to my country says its has 530hp! I should be getting my G06M50i around end of August early September
Please let me know
Thank you
523 is the US measurement.
530 is the metric measurement they use in Europe.

They are the same.

US also uses foot pounds to measure torque, whereas Europe uses Neuton meters. The numbers look significantly different, but they mean the same thing. If you look at the first post, I posted the numbers in both the EU measurements, as well as the US equivilent.

So far, the only "physical" differences I've found between the US vs EU M50i is the US has extra charcoal intake filters, EU does not...... but the EU has OPF sensors in the exhaust, US does not. There may be some other minor differences, but those are the only ones I'm aware of. The power levels are rated identically though.... they just use different measurement standards.

The last M50i these guys tuned was a EU spec, and they were able to get 680. They got 690 with mine. (That's 680 by US standards) That "might" be because of my lack of OPF sensors (that's what my tuner thinks).... might be because I removed my charcoal intake filters, or it might just be something insignificant like gas quality, air temp, or even just slight differences in vehicles. Even the viscosity of the oil can have small impacts. At that level, 10hp is almost nothing.

I have to admit though.... I paid zero taxes on my car, and I buy gas at the US rate. If I had to pay taxes & gas by Euro standards, I would have never bought this car. It would be crazy-expensive to operate. I commend your willingness to do it. It's a phenomenal car, you'll love it. I actually like the X6 better. The ONLY reason I chose the X5 is because I have a 200 lb. (91 kg) English Mastiff. If it weren't for that house-donkey of a dog, I would have chosen the X6 instead.

Last edited by Ninefourteener; 07-06-2020 at 11:49 AM..
Appreciate 0