View Single Post
      10-27-2020, 12:25 PM   #502
Tom dew
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieb27 View Post
Just had an update from my dealer in Belgium. In fairness to him, he is always really helpful and communicates with me everything he knows.
I think the communication problem is, that he, along with the other dealers are a little bit left in the dark in this whole situation.

So in summary;
The process of testing starts in ZeeBrugge from Nov 4th.
Everything for the moment seems on track and he expects once they get started it will move pretty quick, of course depending where you are in the queue.
I don't think we can expect any cars being released before 2nd week Nov.

They are installing charging poles in ZeeBrugge at the moment for the testing, hence the delay.

He told me we will know a lot more next week once everything gets started.
My car is still at the dealers, which I understand. Expected to be picked up sometime next week. No point I guess in it standing in ZeeBrugge.

The new deliveries of the 45e from now on are a different production batch therefore have no problems! People are collecting their new 45e's all this week!!! annoying!

Also I asked him what would happen if the delay gets closer till 2021 for the tax implications. He told me once you have a signed contract before 1st Oct 20' the new tax rules do not apply.
I also asked about the warranty on the battery and particularly a warranty related to this fault, and he told me there is a 6 year battery warranty standard.

Finally I asked him about the official communication from BMW, he told me BMW are only contacting the people who have already have their car delivered and are driving on restricted modes. I can imagine they need to do this for liability reasons. (he also seemed to think there will be a fuel compensation for these customers) - going to follow this up a later date!

So I guess we need to wait out another week and we will then have some more concrete information.

At least this is what I have been told!!
Hi,

I checked with my dealer, also Belgium...
He says your info is correct. Only the date 4th nov is not confirmed yet.
The procedure will take about 68 hours to test a car.: confused0068:

Lets hope things speed up now.:boog::boog:

My adventage is that my car still is in Zeebrugge since 20th september.
Appreciate 1