04-03-2013, 11:41 AM   #20
mact3333
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' YMB/Blk F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokeoluck View Post
Dang, who knew there was so much to a watch...or that average Joe's knew so much about them?!

How does one go about finding "good" IWC knock offs? I don't care about resale value, or whether it loses a second every month, or if you can spot it's a fake by getting a magnifying glass out. Just want it to look decent on my wrist, tell time, and cost <$250. Thanks!

The only decent reps you can get are for 250 or less are with Asian 7750 and asian eta mvts...can't get Swiss mvt reps for less than 400-500.

You can get a great 1:1 copy of Panerai 243 submersible for 300.00... Can get IWC Aquatimer for 220

PM me for the sites...not sure if I'm suppose to link stuff like this on here

Also, I did to go Steinharts website and most of the watches that I saw are copies of well known watches so it is some way like buying a replica...but it is Swiss made and use Swiss eta mvts so there is something to be said for that....I'm sure QC is better with Steinhart but you will pay for it as watches seem to run between 500-1000.00... Pretty good value really but know that those designs are copies of famous watches.
Appreciate 0