View Single Post
      01-06-2020, 07:14 AM   #664
hooligan_G01
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i BG/Taco Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Oh man, you know I'm a sucker for anythgin Eichler! Cant wait to see you take that one one!
The master bath project will be a year or two down the road, but I'll post pics!

You should check out the "desert Eichlers" - this developer (https://kudproperties.com/) bought the rights to some original Eichler/Anshen and Allen floor plans and built a new Eichler neighborhood in Palm Springs. Pretty cool - the husband/wife team from HGTV Stay or Sell owns that Eichler Palms house and rent it out on Air BnB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
We thought about extending that tiny bathroom but ultimately backed off on the idea. The house was very smartly designed with literally every plumbing fixture for 2 bathrooms and the laundry room sharing a single drain line. Bumping the bathroom wall out to gain us a few extra feet of space would have meant moving that main trunk over a few feet and relocating the drains for a tub, shower, 2 sinks, 2 toilets, washing machine, and laundry sink. Oh, and literally EVERY supply and drain line in the house is copper! Even the vent stacks are copper. No kidding. Copper prices must have been rock bottom in 1965. Can you imagine wandering into Home Depot today to grab a 3 inch diameter solid copper pipe to use as a vent stack?

Good lord, no. A lot of things were "better" and a lot of things were "worse" back in the mid-60s, I reckon. It would be an interesting time travel experience, though, I have no doubt.

Thankfully for us, this bathroom extension shouldn't require relocating any major plumbing.
Appreciate 1
DETRoadster11446.00