mnewnam
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 Mineral White X5MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by verruckt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrickem View Post
Why did they keep your car??! I'd be mad if they kept my car over something like this. My dealer ordered the camera after they found the update didn't work and sent me home with my car and some very nice BMW gifts. Today they told me the camera still has a March expect date from Germany.
Not sure really. Initially I only expected a couple day wait, and then found out the part would take 7 days... then 15... and now likely more. I actually called Thursday when i found out it would be 15+ days and asked if I could just pick it up and drive it until the part comes in. They didn't really say no but they didn't say yes either and said they would "try" to get me a loaner.

Between the dealer and BMW NA I'm not really impressed with their response so far. I've had to call each time to get any update. Especially not since I just made my second payment on it and haven't had it for the past week and a half.

To top things off, the wife was driving my truck in lieu of the X5 (X5 is hers), and since shes not comfortable with the size of it, managed to accidentally back into someone today... ....It just gets better and better.
Yeah... when mine broke down and became undriveable 7 days and 300 miles after purchase the lack of communication from BMW NA, my selling dealer, and the repairing dealer that had it a couple hundred miles away was so annoying.

I got one call from BMW NA which I thought went well. I then didn't hear anything back for a week. They did not offer me a loaner but continued to pay for the Chevrolet Suburban I ended up renting in Louisiana.

The repairing dealer didn't update me for 2 days and didn't return my call each day to check on the status. Even if there's no new info, just tell me that. I just want communication. What made it worse is through the BMW Connected app I could see the car hadn't been touched since it was towed there the Saturday before.

I reached out to my CA for help and he didn't respond. I had to end up emailing him and copying the dealer manager asking them to return my funds and I'll get another one later on. Within an hour I had calls from everyone involved. Dealer manager at the selling dealer said she called the dealership manager of the repairing dealer... CA called me back to offer me a new X5 if it couldn't be repaired soon. Next day they had it fixed and on a flatbed back to me, which was about a week since we broke down.
Appreciate 0