Australia
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 & 2020 X5

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlurker View Post
Question to those, who are doing BMW coding:

It looks like there is no official way to build a custom app for iDrive and upload it to bmw app store, so that it can be installed in the car. Is there any unofficial way to sideload it directly to the car? Any resources dedicated to custom iDrive app development available?

Given that iDrive is a very powerful platform and new generation of BMW cars are mostly/completely controlled electronically, it's sad that it provides a limited number of features to the drivers.

I would like to have the following features implemented:
- automatically close sun roof if it's raining (car already has a rain sensor). Will be useful when you camp in the car
- close/open sunroof shade on the schedule (e.g. close at sunrise, open after 5 p.m. so that sun doesn't warm the car) or when the car is locked from the key fob
- if front passenger is detected, apply rules for cooling/heating of the seat and armrest (it's implemented for driver only)
- enable seat/steering wheel heating when a per-condition mode is activated on the 45e (hybrid). Since this car has no remote start, heating is being activated only when you press a "start" button so the car is in drive-ready state

Is there any way with the current tools available (bimmercode etc.) to implement these features, or it's rather limited to only enable/disable a certain flag or a combination of flags?
Right now, you can code the sunroof to close completely not just to the default tilt position when it rains. You can also change the hourly setting for automatic closure from the default 6 to 8 etc via ESys FDL coding I have not seen any ECU functions with the preset coding parameters that includes sunrise sunset times in the MGU HU to date