F87EVO
Major
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: BMW F87 M2 CS (6MT)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TemjinX2 View Post
very simple reason to amortize the cost of the engine development over a larger volume of engines.

Average new car buyer doesnt care if its a s58 engine or not. Its just people on this forum and we're probably just the 1% of BMW buyers.

at the end of the day it saves BMW money to do other things
True , i ve been really thinking to buy the next M2 CS as it would be the top of the line of F87 , the only thing i dislike is the front grills tho, compared to the og . But since i use this car 2 times a month , and now have only 9K kilometers on it , never track it , and planning to keep it as a collectible (not planning to sell it ) i really dont know .. to keep the OG M2 , or buy the better M2CS .. the engine is not a problem for me i dont want to track it , dont want to modify as well , cause i ll keep it stock as it is . But again the CS is the top of the line of F87 , but the OG , have those nice front end . I really need the time to see if the engine of the og m2 is something special , because they spend time on that car and engine , on the other hand s55 is a proper M engine , but they just put it in the comp for emissions etc.. the thing i need to understand , is why they used the n55 modified unit on their first m2 , where the S55 was already in their other m cars .. is there anything special on the m2's n55?