Drives: BMW X5 G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamL View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacklee View Post
Congratulations guys,
I can't decided 40i or 30d or 45e....
Mainly using in London.
I have got the 40i and it is a stunning engine. Silky smooth and a lovely exhaust note. Getting 28 mpg driving normally and around 31 in eco mode on the motorway at 75. That should get better as the engine breaks in but hey if you are spending £70k on a car then the difference in fuel consumption between petrol and diesel is kind of irrelevant unless you do big miles. The 45e sounds great but you can buy a lot of petrol for the £8k additional cost!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamL View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacklee View Post
Congratulations guys,
I can't decided 40i or 30d or 45e....
Mainly using in London.
I have got the 40i and it is a stunning engine. Silky smooth and a lovely exhaust note. Getting 28 mpg driving normally and around 31 in eco mode on the motorway at 75. That should get better as the engine breaks in but hey if you are spending £70k on a car then the difference in fuel consumption between petrol and diesel is kind of irrelevant unless you do big miles. The 45e sounds great but you can buy a lot of petrol for the £8k additional cost!

That was my logic, you can't be buying a £65k+ car and worrying about if you're going to get the same economy as a 320d.

I do too many miles to have gone petrol, they sound sooooo good