Private
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: Looking forward to G05 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_bmw View Post
I was told that 07/2019.55 is also the latest for my vehicle. If ISTA+ is truly the key (saw similar post from LexxM3 ) are the dealers ignoring the release notice from BMW AG(?), if there's any, possibly to avoid the extra service that they'd have to do?

I'll ask my dealer about the ISTA+ upgrade but this to me is not acceptable.
Dealers are people and people are people: a few are very competent, most get by, and a few are utterly incompetent. It doesn't make rational sense for them to avoid *JUSTIFIED* service under warranty as they get paid by BMW for it, but a) they need justification (hence the common question "is there something wrong" before updates by many) and b) perhaps the margin on an average software update (many of which in the past took longer than scheduled) is lower than other work, or c) stupidity + laziness = incompetence.

Bimmer software updates are likely a hassle for traditional service departments: long/large and too frequent downloads, dedicated higher end (ie rarer and more expensive) trained staff, used up shop programming bays with computers and power supplies (likely required to be indoors due to that), low margins, etc.
This exactly!!

In a nutshell my experience is that dealers do whatever the hell they want, whenever they want and does not matter if they employ a newbie or an experienced staff to deal with a customer. Various reasons behind this from a do not care attitude to lack of proper training. In Cyprus the biggest factor is that each car brand is owned by one family. So if you want a BMW go to any showroom and they have the same attitude towards sale and after sale service as entire network is owned by one family. Go figure when you try and get a reasonable price for a over priced luxury car

Bottom line is to educate ourselves before we go into their shop floor and then make sure they listen to you or prove otherwise.
Appreciate 0