View Single Post
      08-04-2020, 02:51 PM   #138
ikheetleon
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e 2020

With the help of this thread I was able to install my 2CH dashcam + batterypack. Since the 45e doesn't have much space for a batterypack in the rear, I've found a spot in the D pillar. You only need to remove the speaker bracket (3 bolts) and you can drop it in from above just above the fusebox. Now what I'm searching for are two things:
1) What fuse can I tap into in the rear fusebox that gives power when the car is on/opened, and shutsdown when the car is off/closed? Preferabele a small fuse so I can use my tap-in fuse.
2) Where can I tap into a ground wire near the rear fusebox? I've found an M10 hole in the D pilar of the car which is grounded, but it's not the most professional solution. It works, but I hope there is a better way.

BTW, when someone needs to get from the A pilar to the center mirror console, the best way for me was from the front passenger door seal to the makeup light underneath the sunshade (you can pop the light out with a pry tool), and then to the center console. You can pop of the front plastic cover around the mirror mount.

Last edited by ikheetleon; 08-05-2020 at 05:45 AM..
Appreciate 0