View Single Post
      02-21-2022, 09:59 AM   #53
heitzke
Captain
Rep
Drives: '15 M4 base, '04 Cobra

After spending a little more time I can definitely hear air come up through the head and within the valve cover. All a pretty big bummer, but that's the game when you don't do appropriate PPI before buying a car. Lesson learned for sure, I got out in front of my skis a little bit for sure.

I found an '03 long block for sale w/ 50k miles on it so current plan is to pick that up this weekend (after I do a leak down) and swap that in over the next couple weeks to have the car still moving/driving while I tear down the original motor. I'll assess what i'm working with when I get in there, but may be a good base for an OEM+ build/refresh. Rebuild using the stock crank, rods, throw in some higher comp forged pistons and refresh the heads.

Compression was a touch lower in #6 than the others, so i'll have to see how bad the scoring in that cylinder is and go from there.

Also all a good opportunity to do a clutch, 26-spline, etc. Even though I don't need them at current power levels, i've considered doing some mid-length or longtubes while the driveline will be out anyway.