Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92M3, F10535i, 15 M5,340i,X5M

Garage List
2015 X5M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mencio View Post
Finally, after what seem to take forever, the long awaited day has arrived.
Saturday afternoon (May 6th) I have taken delivery of my new 2024 X5M LCI, MBB with SS interior.
My build spec can be found here https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1999183

Here are my first impressions after driving her for about 100 miles along with some small issues I have encountered so far.

My overall impression is that this is, by far, the best car I have ever bought and owned (and the list is long). As a whole package I really think think this is one of the ultimate daily, given my personal situation (3 kids etc...). At the same time I also think it will delivery plenty of fun, spirited drives, enough to not make me want to get a sports
car for a while.

But here are some more detailed thoughts. Coming off a 2018 F85 which I traded-in for the F95, I am heavily going to compare the 2 cars. Keep in mind that I have never driven or rode in a F95 before.

As much as I enjoyed my F85 and at the time really though it was a great daily and had lots of fun driving it, it almost cannot be compared to this new LCI. I bought the F85 used, with low miles and where the previous owner didn't really take the best care of the car, and so obviously the experience is not the same, but still this F95 feels like a completely different vehicle, superior in every single category.
The F85 in comparison feels old and outdated, slower, less comfortable ride, and yes at times a bit flimsy in terms of build [...]
Anything new always feels good, but I don’t agree that F85 feels outdated, I have F85 and X7 loaded with options, in terms of luxury both in same level, F85 has better quality leather…

Also F95 more harsher ride, while F85 much more smoother thanks to air suspension.
Appreciate 1
1230vani660.00