03-14-2020, 03:18 PM   #3
bluzbra
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M550i / '20 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skilly View Post
Just going through my build and order process. The order is in process now, but during the build it basically shows up to 10 week delays for anything that is built out beyond the very basic spec for interior. Dealer provided an allocation but it doesn't appear to matter when you select an option that is anything other than the basic model (for interior options).

As soon as you select anything beyond Vernasca Leather, the system will allow the build but indicates this protracted delay.

My build includes:

2020 xDrive40i
- Design -M Sport
- Exterior - Carbon Black Metallic
- 22" M Double-spoke black wheels, style 742M w/ performance non run-flat tires
- Interior -Ivory White /Night Blue Full Merino leather
- Trim - Aluminum Tetragon trim

Options
- Driving Assistance Professional Package
- Executive Package
- Luxury Seating Package
- Integral Active Steering
- M Sport Brakes
- 2-axle air suspension
- Acoustic glass
- Alcantara headliner in upholstery color
- Extended Shadowline Trim
- Front and Rear Heated Seats
- Glass Controls
- Heated Front Seats, Armrests & Steering Wheel
- Harman Kardon surround sound system
- Space-saver spare (required without run flats)

Is it really a 10 week delay??
I ordered my X5 sDrive40i a couple of days after they implemented that message for individual options (in my case, coffee extended merino), and my car actually arrived a week or so earlier than quoted. And I'm in Los Angeles. This was before Coronavirus had become as big as it is now. So I don't think that has anything to do with it.

My order was placed Feb 7th and I took delivery on March 10th (car arrived at dealer March 9th). So take that 10-week delay warning with a grain of salt — it may or may not apply to your build.