04-08-2022, 12:08 PM   #180
patt1289
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3, Aviator GT, X5 45e, Stang

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCX5 View Post
You said the X5 wins on most categories. Your analysis shows they are basically tied. The Aviator in your own words is faster, rides more comfortably and has more of a wow factor. Only PHEV seems to be a clear feature winner and lower price…
Uh, no it was better in Utility, Price/value, technology, PHEV use, sport driving.

The areas other than the quarter mile(faster) and space are subjective (Comfort, looks) even ride is subjective. My analysis is just my opinion on what suits me, as is any subjective review. I see reviews calling one or the other best of their class. I think a person needs to really spend a little time with both before making a decision. In 2020, the Aviator was way ahead of the 2019 X5 that was available when I ordered in 2019. My review was just saying the X5 is better than then, and the Aviator needs a mid cycle big adjustment to stay competative. If I were comparing today, I would go with the X5, personally. I won't give up my Aviator for another X5 PHEV today, but the XM has me thoroughly intrigued as does next years X5 refresh.
Appreciate 0