Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW U11 iX1 Xdrive 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitallust View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by achk View Post
I'm currently on 03/2019.45 with my car delivered on 24/5. I've specifically asked the dealer to update software prior to delivery.

Since then I'm aware of people with 2019.48 and today on the X5 Forum, someone looks to have 2019.60 installed.

OTA update isn't available in Australia yet as far as I know.
That’s what I was worried about, the salesman said yup all update to date but clearly not.

Can I ask, do you have data access working h on yours ? I can’t send code to the car to add the app? Anything that tries to access bmwconnect or idrive says network not active. I’y m guessing they haven’t done something ?!
Can’t create a driver profile , even weather app with out the error
Just want to get my facts right before heading in tomorrow morning

Thanks in advance
Yes I'm able to get news/weather in the car. The app functions to lock/unlock/flash lights. Ventilation works. But Remote 3D view crashes the app on the phone (iPhone 8)

It did take about 48hours for some of the remote functions to start working and also a trip to the dealer to plug the car in to reset some settings (I only got a vague description of what they did).

I'm still having issues with Apple CarPlay randomly disconnecting and requiring me to put my phone in and out of flight mode before it will reconnect again. Not sure if this is an idrive or iOS issue. My plan is to wait for iOS 13 to come out, reassess the situation and ask for a software upgrade then.
Appreciate 1