View Single Post
      09-20-2023, 10:03 AM   #47
cobramite
Banned
Rep
Drives: '24 X6 M60i, '22 Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty in NY View Post
I also thought this, so I got the multi contour thinking I could make them comfortable for me with the multitude of adjustments they offer. I'm over a year in and have not managed to get comfy on long drives so I cursed the seats.
Then one day my wife and I were in a mattress store talking with the owner about the various foam mattresses being offered today and I asked him how long a foam mattress should provide comfort. He said...well, as you age, your back and body will change long before the foam will give way. I'm of the opinion it is we who change and no longer find seats in cars as comfy as we remember them being.
Case in point, my son has my former e46, I had a chance to drive it again a couple of weeks ago and could not get comfy in those seats. The seats hadn't changed, it was me. My son says he loves the seats and I recall I used to brag about them. Dang, this getting old shit ain't for sissies!
Spot on.
I've spent my career in orthapedics and can gurantee you that this is true. Someone's favorite chair 30 years ago could very well be torture today.
Appreciate 0