10-20-2019, 11:46 AM   #51
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by buze View Post
Ahah well you are lucky you wife doesn't have a key. Mine has one, and it's now becoming a stupid procession to get to the car to make sure the seat is in the position we want to. If I drive and she arrives at the car first, the seat moves all the way to 'her' position, and I have to open the car, close it, lock it, unlock it so the seat goes back to MY position.

Quite frankly that "comfort access" is a bit shitty -- the old X3 didn't have 'profiles' we just had my and her's seat position 'saved' on each keys and that was all that was needed. Now I don't even KNOW what is saved, where, when.
If your vehicle is optioned with seat memory buttons...the easier solution to the scenario you presented would be to save one of the two seat memory buttons for each of you (since you all both have remotes to the car and one may return before the other thus setting the profile memory.

The seat button memories are separate from he remote fob memories...so if you wife comes back to the car first and unlocks it...but she's sitting on the passenger side but the driver's seat moved to her setting...if you programmed (lets say) button #2 for your seat seating (and she's #1)...then all you have to do is press the #2 seat memory button vs the lock/unlock dance you mentioned in your quote.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0