07-07-2020, 11:04 AM   #10
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine535Msport View Post
What I am most interested in is the difference I. RIDE COMFORT not performance for those who've driven the 19" vs 20" how big of a difference is there in the "Ride quality" i.e. impact harshness, quietness, how supple it feels over brick roads etc.
I have air suspension standard on the 45e. So not completely what you are asking. Sorry

I have 19 inch winters and 20 inch (staggered in Europe) summers.

I don't feel any real difference in comfort. Even knowing the winter tires have softer rubber.

I think you will be fine with 20 inch. They look better and are still comfortable.

I took the 19 inch winters because the sales guy said it would be ok for the look. I initially opted for the 20 inch. Well the look is ok but not more than that. I prefer the look of the 740M 20 inch summer tires. The 19 look just one size to small.

I have chosen bigger wheels in my past cars. For the looks it is better but the comfort is clearly less when you go for the largest wheels.

Like mentioned especially driving over joints and bumps. And we have a lot of them. It drove me crazy.

If the road is always perfect and you only do highway the difference won't be that much.

Performance is not really something I am after. I usually drive with my wife and kids in the car and that's a good way to lessen the uncontrollable need for performance.

If it is in your budget, the air suspension is really nice to have.
Appreciate 2
KRS_SN13528.00