View Single Post
      09-12-2020, 11:41 PM   #1
AWESOM3
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 17M4;15G63AMG;14E63SAMG

Advice sought. X6M Competition vs M8GC Competition

This may seem counter intuitive but I find myself choosing between the above vehicles.
Context.
Canadian. Mild winter by our standards but still requires winter tires with occasional heavy snow days.
Current lease expiring - 2017 750i XDrive Frozen Black.
Wife drives 2019 Mercedes G63.
2 kids -16 and 10.
I was set on the M8GC which I have extensively researched. I have not seen one in the flesh but have driven the M850GC and the M8 Competition Coupe ( amazingly quick)
I am somewhat underwhelmed by the lack of "solidity" on the GC. Doors don't close with a satisfying "this". Fit and finish is not quite where I'd expect. Rear seat is 2 buckets but three seatbelts with a centre console - so third person would not exactly be comfortable unless it was a short ride- this is a negative factor for ferrying kids friends
Family likes the comfort but not wild about the exterior. Having said that it's my car so my choice.
Enter the X6MC-offered to me as an alternative. Drove a demo that the dealer principal was using.
Sapphire Black with Sakhir interior
Amazing presence. Oozes testosterone. Great interior. Crushing acceleration with surprisingly comfortable ride in the soft setting.
I was not looking for two SUVs. Ideally I'd like a high performance sedan but the options are limited. M5 is a great car but not unique.
I have previously owned the Panamera Turbo and MB E63S and don't want to repeat.
With all the research I've done today the X is growing on me and does offer some practicality. When it comes to cars I have very little impulse control and I don't want to make the "wrong" decision - recognizing that having these options is something to be grateful for.
Please share your thoughts.
Vik
Appreciate 0