09-14-2020, 08:06 PM   #7
AWESOM3
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 17M4;15G63AMG;14E63SAMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerswld34 View Post
first and foremost, I don't think you can make a "wrong" choice with either of these vehicles. they are both amazing vehicles, but very different instruments.

that said, I have an X5MC and absolutely love it. I have 3 kids (4, 8, 11) and a dog, and they easily and comfortably fit in the back seat, even with car seats. my wife drives a suburban so we generally use that for longer journeys or hauling, but my X5MC can handle it as well. performance, as you said, is astonishing for an SUV. convenience, size and utility are all there versus a sedan. looks are subjective, but I think the F95/F96 with the right color combo really stand out from the crowd. I have marina bay blue and I get compliments on the vehicle every day. I considered a a sedan but for me, the utility and ability to seat 3 kids was more important. I also live in MA so have to deal with snow. the extra ground clearance of the X5MC will be helpful when the snow starts falling.

if you're after the most performance, best handling and willing to sacrifice some convenience/utility, the M8GC will not disappoint. it will be faster to 60 than the X6MC, handle better, and drive more closely to what you're used to. build quality likely will be similar between the two as the fit, finish and materials of the interior should be almost identical. the M8GC is quite a bit more expensive than the X6MC so that could sway your decision if you're trying to get most bang for your buck.

one other thing to mention is that if you're a person who is looking to upgrade the vehicle, such as exhaust, tune, etc., the M8GC would be the way to go. it shares it's engine directly with the M5 so more parts are available. there isn't much out there for the F95/F96 platforms yet so something to consider.

in the end, you're very fortunate to have both options and I think you need to consider whether or not you're willing to drive an SUV daily. if so, go with the X6MC.if you really prefer a lower center of gravity and the performance of a sedan, the M8GC or something equivalent like a taycan, M760 or S8 might be better choices. obviously you have a SUV in the family, but the MB G63 is much more truck than SUV.
Thanks for taking the time to write. It definitely helps to have some perspective from someone who "get's it".
These are all great points.
The more I think about it ,the less "concerned" am I about having two SUVs. I am definitely leaning towards the X- it really is a monster .
My dealer may have located a Frozen Black/Sakhir with the HEA package!

And yes , even with the refinements in the new G , it's a completely different animal.

Appreciate the advice.
Appreciate 0