View Single Post
      03-16-2023, 06:11 PM   #65
///MSD_MD
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5M, 2023 BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wtfitzvi View Post
Just got the midpipe on today and it definitely opens it up a bit more. Not a crazy difference but you can tell there is increase in noise.

I get a little bit of farts/burbles as well during up shifts and down shifts as well.

I just drove the car home from the shop so not much time with the new midpipe on but so far I like it!

Heading out of town again tomorrow. I’ll try and get some sound clips uploaded this weekend.
Curious (apologies if you already mentioned this), are you running the Dinan mid-pipe with a stock set up, or do you have other aftermarket parts (down-pipe, secondary cat delete, and/or axle-back, etc.)?

My Dinan cat-back (mid-pipe and axle-back) system arrived yesterday and I am planning on having it installed soon. I was hoping for more than just a slight increase in volume… but rather better, more engaging sound.

I debated the Akrapovic + Evolution link pipe and Fi cat-back system, but settled on the Dinan without knowing for sure what it sounds like in person (it sounds good in videos and certainly seems to be a good ‘bang for the buck’). Hoping I’ll be satisfied…

Of note, the boxes arrived in relatively good condition (though I haven’t opened/sorted through the contents yet).

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0