View Single Post
      10-02-2023, 02:36 PM   #21
cobramite
Banned
Rep
Drives: '24 X6 M60i, '22 Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmn60 View Post
I owned a Cayenne S for approx 6 year. Bought it new. It was a great car until it wasn’t. After approx 60,000 miles, I had issues with the drivetrain that ultimately became a known issue involved in recalls and lawsuits after I traded it in. Porsche didn’t back their product during the issue and was charging an absorbent amount of money (approx $5,000-8,000) to fix the issue. My past experience with BMW is that they stand behind their product and I switch back. No regrets.

My Porsche was a costly vehicle to own. It cost me much more in service and maintenance compared to BMWs.

Don’t get me wrong, Porsche puts out a good and nice looking product. You’re paying for it and will continue to pay for it.
This absolutely spot on. I've owned more than a few Porsche vehicles and can 100% agree about Porsche service which is extremely high priced actually abusive and quite regular in most cases especially after the initial warranty period. You do NOT want to own a porsche without a warranty. Ask me how I know that.
There are people who wave the Porsche banner and sing their prasies but have not walked the walk with Porsche products.
Appreciate 1
val200049.50