10-20-2023, 05:12 PM   #18
An2610
Canada
Rep
Drives: Bmw g05 Bmw e66

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
Thanks for the feedback and notes but I would caution against some of the reccomendations. Specifically using the stock components rather than the supplied pieces in the fit kit when pairing to the Dinan turbo inlet. This might be a bit of a long reply so bear with me.

The inlet was designed for the F-chassis small cars and re-using those components from those cars for fitment (gasket/oring, C clip). The fit kit takes those components that would have been re-used from stock on those applications to ensure proper fitment on the new applications.

While the silicone coupler from the intake could physically mate to the Dinan inlet it will be VERY tight on the inlet side and put a fair amount of additional force on that piece as a result. Give the support folks a call at 1-800-341-5480 and they can overnight a new coupler if that one was damaged. The fit kit coupler is 1/4" larger on the inlet side and will make that connection much easier. The stock C clip I have to imagine is very tight as well so would be concerned with that fully being seated. Don't have personal experience with how that G05 stock clip is so I am just speaking on what I would presume to be the case. The gasket/O-ring is the most important piece however. As you likely found out the stock o-ring does not fit quite right in the inlet and has a tendency to "fold." This tends to not allow the seal to be completed and cause codes and worst case if it were to get free or tear it could result in being ingested into the turbo. I would STRONGLY suggest you use the o-ring in the fit kit as opposed to [...]
Hey, thank you for your replay.

I agree the o-ring and the c clamp its the best to use new, anything new is better than used but they are exactly the same on G05, c clamp is a bit tighter dinan vs oem nothing major. O - ring is the same. I eneded up using new didnan ones anyways

Silicone coupler that comes with the kit is thiner as well (less side wall = more flexible) than the one that comes with the cold air intake when it comes to circumference i didnt measure. Coupler from cold air did fit perfectly with a bit of wiggle, that was the easiest part of the install to be honest lol i wont bother replacing the couple with the cut, its all good i would end up using the thicker one anyways. just recommend everyone always inspecting all the pieces before the install
Attached Images

Appreciate 0