Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer007 View Post
don't think BMW's reliability is any better
Never said that BMW's reliability is superior, but the fact is that Audi's electronics poop out after a couple years. If your angel eyes are dead, you can just change it out since it's a standard H8 bulb. If one of the LEDs crap out on you, you're stuck with a full replacement headlight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
The point I am trying to make is that LED's last longer and shouldn't burn out as easily. LED's last longer and don't burn as easily, that's the point I am trying to make. You shouldn't have to replace them because there is supposedly no need to because they are suppose to last so long. What if they made them Bi-Xenon? That would work too.
Sorry, I don't fully understand your long, convoluted rant.

In theory, LEDs last longer than a regular halogen bulb. I'm just playing the devil's advocate here on what if one of the LEDs burnt out. Each time you would have get the headlight replaced. I don't have the time to go into the stealer like that to get the stupid headlight replaced every time one of those LEDs burn out. Also, it's highly like that Audi will end refurbishing the burnt out lights and recycle them as warranty parts.