03-15-2020, 01:14 PM   #9
mobilejo
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G06 X6 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Maboomba View Post
Yes, I have the OE tires for the style 741M wheel, Pirelli P Zero PZ4 RFTs. I had Continental 4x4 Contact SSR run flats on my 2012 X5.
I have the same 21" wheels and they came with the same P Zero RFT tyres. After only 1200 miles, I changed the tryes for P Zero non-runflats with Pirelli Noise Cancelling System. They are * marked BMW approved tyres in the OEM sizes.

It has made a massive difference, as I knew they would as I do this with every car I get that has RFT tyres.

The ride is much more comfortable over imperfect roads - no more "brace yourself" and then "shudder". And no more driving around every dip and surface break, I just drive over them.

Handling has improved as there is always a little more steering feel with non-RFTs, which means at high speeds you do not get the car wondering slightly without you getting the warning in the steering wheel and being able to make those important micro-corrections to keep your line in the road. I hated that about the RFTs, now it is rock solid upto silly speeds.

The PCNS is very good and the tyres do not roar as much at highway speeds and another advantage is the weight difference - holding both RFT and non-RFT at the same time, you can feel the non-RFT is noticeably lighter.
Appreciate 0