View Single Post
      08-08-2019, 03:06 PM   #6
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowanBuds View Post
How does your employer still not have a 2020 X5 configurator online? It's really a bad look in today's day and age.

Imagine me, not on this forum actively, going to the site, speccing a car through configurator. Talking with my bank to get loan approval before walking into any dealership. I walk in, here's my build code, let's get me a car and you a sale.

Sorry bub, it's going to be about 2300 more for the same configuration, oh and by the way, you can't get the Tartufo you really wanted. Oh, and Cognac is #2 choice? You can't get that either. We're not making 2019's anymore and the options availability has changed.

Really - you expect to be selling me close to six figure cars and you can't even keep your main corporate webpage up to date with a vehicle you'll actually sell me.

Again, just a really piss-poor look in the age of technology on BMW's behalf. And then that G80 potential front end...blech!

#Firstworldproblemsagain
You make valid points. Imagine cross shopping all the luxury brands and then you go to BMW and you can't even spec out and research the actual car you will be buying. Instead you will have to settle for something on the lot, or may be turned off from the brand entirely.

I wonder if it's intentional on BMWs part. The people who will be going to the dealership, who aren't fanatics like us and frequent the message boards, may be none the wiser a 2020 model will be coming out soon and then sales people can get rid of their 2019 inventory a lot easier.
Appreciate 0