Drives: E90 330xi

Garage List
2007 BMW 328xi  [9.50]
2006 BMW 330xi  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorado.e9x View Post
Thats what I was thinking haha so thanks for confirming. I've always found it easier to take something apart than to put it back together. It sounds like a fun and frustrating challenge
Yeah man it is definitely a good time. Luckily my motor was in solid shape going into it, so didn't have a ton of work there. This gives a nice short overview of what you'll need to do. From there is just researching what components fit and what you'll need to get the right stance (suspension). The cost I had in the conversion was pretty minimal to be honest and I believe we profited when we sold it. So not completely sold on the idea of part depreciation to that extent. The build has value in itself, at least in my opinion. Not like you're just adding parts like you do to a car.
I found an 82' in decent shape with a small oil leak and carb needs tuned- Lower mileage (22k) for 1800. Looks somewhat clean

Another 81' for 800 thats been sitting a bit, could probably get away with just cleaning the carb (156k) Looks clean too

And finally an 83' with unknown mileage and supposedly well maintained. Looks a little ghetto but the good news is I don't have to paint the engine black as it already is.

First two are 750s, last one is also unknown as the seller listed 900cc. All of them are 5 hours away so its just a matter at figuring out which is worth the price.

As far as parts I've found a seat but theres no info on what subframe fits it. Might order a universal one and make it fit the seat. Currently looking at a Benelli tank, also little info so far on what fabrication is needed to make it fit. Then there's the other bracketry, how to convert the front end of a newer bike to it etc. If anyone knows how to mount a GSXR front end onto a XV lmk!