Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekronoschef View Post
I really wanted to order the B&W but just can't get past the stainless grill covers.
I have owned a "premium" audio package on every vehicle I have owned and all have placed stainless or brushed grills on the vehicle since 2012 or so. I assume it is to make the upgrade/option more tangible since you can see the option you paid for not just listen to it but I agree completely that it could be done better. It is the main reason I did not go with Aragon or Criollo on the F85. Simply because the speaker grills didn't flow with the colorway while everything else did and since the audio upgrade was more important to me than having a tan or brown interior I went with Black and then Mugello.
I appreciate your insight. I'm going with merino black and aluminum dark mesh. This is a pretty modern/sporty albeit "safe" approach so the stainless might look fine. I worry mostly about the door panels where the satin door trim (and handles) meet the aluminum mesh as well as the large BW speaker grill. I obviously can't configure this look, so it's all a guess at this point. I think there might be too many different "silver" tones conjoining. Maybe I'm over thinking it?
Appreciate 0