09-14-2019, 10:34 AM   #2
dan321
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikheetleon View Post
6DR - BMW Drive recorder: Is this a software or hardware feature? In other words, can I activate it myself (esys)?

6U8 - Gesture control: I'm not sure I need this or will use it. It feels a bit like a gadget you want to show your family/collegues, not something you use on a regular base

5AZ - I've thought about lasers, but it's only high beam. I hardly ever use it. So it's just optics. It looks nice, but it also feels a bit like, look at me with my star wars lasers thing...

Looking forward to your remarks/comments!
Drive-recorder is kind of neat. You can make a video with just the touch of a button. It also records any accident that happens although you can disable that.

It uses the surround cameras so you need to have the 3D view hardware for this to work. Don't know if you can simply code it. It appears as a connected drive application so there may be more than just a simple enabling for it to work.

Gesture control certain is a good thing to show off to friends and acquaintances. For me the jury is out on real utility; I'm trying to get used to using it.

Lazer isn't just high-beam, it is a longer range hight-beam the plain LED headlights, which a plus. Also, depending on the country you are in it may include matrix lighting which is probably a double plus.
Appreciate 1
volodp198.00