Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by VK335M View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gqgambler View Post
Its much more than that. The M50i is definitely a notably different beast tuned by the M division, not just something with a few M parts slapped on. The N63 engines are similar but have different engine codes because of enhancement differences.
Here's the tip of the iceberg for the M50i compared to the 50i:
-523 horsepower and 553 lb-ft of torque, increases of 67 horsepower and 74 lb-ft of torque over the 50i
-engine block made of an aluminum alloy, a viscous damper on the crankshaft, stronger pistons and piston rings, and an iron coating on the cylinder walls
-tweaked eight-speed automatic with launch-control
-M tuned suspension
-adaptive dampers
-M Sport exhaust system
-bigger M Sport brakes
-And more features were included as standard on the M50i vs the 50i

Search the forum and the web and see what people's impressions were driving the 2 different models.
Appreciate the detailed response. Can you comment if the tuned transmission, dampers, and m sport exhaust are also the same if the 2019 has m sport package?
As long car has M sport it has all that. Some items were options like performance exhaust but my car came with it. I just had dealer find me X7 50i and giving me $73K for my X5. They want my x5 badly, they will give me a loaner (x7 40i) till they find X7 since they have a buyer for my car

Engine is biggest thing
Appreciate 0