Quote:
Originally Posted by dezzracer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezzracer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmorin1249 View Post
BMW, like MB, Audi, VW and Porsche are building and selling what US buyers want; SUVs and SAVs.
And they will continue to build performance vehicles like the M3 CS for niche buyers like us. Because we want them , we drive brand awareness and loyalty , and then we buy their SUV's for normal duty for our family's.
Seeing how the F80 CS sold, I highly doubt they'll continue the CS with the G80.
They sold all 1200 units and I think made healthy profit. Some paid MSRP, some paid mid 80s. Some like me paid in middle. Regardless they built a fantastic limited edition niche car and made money. Perhaps more importantly they pulled a guy like me away from American muscle and made a first time BMW buyer a fan of the brand.
Some paid MSRP and most paid low 80's for a LEASE. BMW initially released this as a collector car since they didn't even allow learning until they saw all their units sitting on dealer floors.

When you value a car at six figures then have to discount it 20-30% AND lease it out, I wouldn't call that a success. The CS is about 30k more than the base but sells for nearly the same price on the used car market.