03-03-2017, 11:07 AM   #9
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viffermike View Post
Dude, before you start insulting long-time helpful posters on this forum, learn a little about the damn car.
Yeah I read BarryJI's post as "more than you wanted to spend." Some folks are just confrontational by nature. Play nice in the sand box or no one will want to be your friend!

I have Stage 1 on the Sport Wagon which is the same engine as GF car. I love it, totally transforms the car. The sport tune for $300 is nice but warranty doesn't hold a candle to the $1500 option which can be a big deal depending on your risk tolerance. Don't think the power delivery is the same as the map isn't as good. I'd never put anything that didn't have the matching warranty on my car, but as a 235 vert and a 328 wagon fully loaded they're each worth like 2x what GF's car is so that's on you to decide. That said I'd have to imagine if/when you have a major problem I'd rather be dealing with Dinan even on the $300 tune than someplace else, they have a longstanding solid reputation to protect.

No one can decide for you if spending an extra grand to have the warranty is worth it, you need to decide that on your own.
Appreciate 3
Viffermike1753.00
shawnj44.50
OpenAir432.00