View Single Post
      09-10-2020, 08:35 PM   #42
Mako
(Sold) '00 M Roadster '06 M Coupe '16 M3 '20 X3MC
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
Not surprised. I test drove most of them. The X3M has a horrible ride quality and I am a performance car owner and understand a firm ride, but damn. Its just dreadful for a performance suv. Build materials used in the X3 is noticeably less expensive feeling than the G05. The Porsche Cayenne has way too much plastic in its interior at this price point. These test also leave out what factors are the most important to the owner. That can greatly push one ahead of another. Fast is a given so we can get beyond that and get into the design, build quality, tech, luxury features, ride, livability, room, comfort of seats, exhaust sound,etc... The performance pissing match is a juvenile game these reviewers with unknown experience or qualifications like to exploit to sell magazines but none of these Jokers pony up with their own money and that is a huge factor cutting through the BS.
X3M has a horrible ride quality compared to what? a X5, well yeah
compared to F80 M3, nope

I went from a M3 to X3MC and the ride quality is at least as good if not a tad better. I think they based this more on the M3 than SUV for ride. M5 rides better than M3 as well because owners are more likely to want that plush ride.

as far as materials go, of course its lower quality than X5, and its also $45,000 less when fully loaded. Can buy a nice used roadster with that for weekend fun.
Appreciate 0