Albania
Rep
Drives: F95 X5M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by elitex View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenac View Post
I don't think they were saying it's not faster, they simply pointed out its to be expected bc of power to weight... I would hope the X3mc boosted would be faster since the power to weight is already better to start with. Its oranges to apples here well watermelon to grapefruit. lol
Also, this is a fairly mild tune. I am sure better times will come with more aggressive tunes, Downpipes, Exhaust, Ethanol tunes etc
Correct. It's a very mild piggy back that takes 4 min to install. No drama. No flashing, no stains on the ECU that flashes leave, no E85, or anything else.
This is pretty much snapping your fingers and having a "safe" power bump.

As I mentioned, I've tried all JB piggy backs on my previous cars and BM3 flash tune on my previous X5M. This is the route I chose to go for with this car just for the ease of install/uninstall.

JB4 requires going through firewall and plugging into OBD, which I didn't want to deal with.

I went the JB4 route for my Vantage. Install took 2hrs+ (pain in the a** to reach sensors). That's a weekend car and I don't mind letting it sit there if there are any issues.

With the X5M, I need a quick solution to uninstall on the side of the road if I had to.