View Single Post
      09-29-2013, 09:33 AM   #1
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

What a devil hast thou to do with the time of the day?

What a devil hast thou to do with the time of the day?

Unless hours were cups of sack and minutes capons and clocks the tongues of bawds and dials the signs of leaping-houses and the blessed sun himself a fair hot wench in flame-coloured taffeta, I see no reason why thou shouldst be so superfluous to demand the time of the day.
W. Shakespeare, Henry IV

What awesome quotes have you come across that have to do with time and that could reasonably have something to do with watches? I happened to see Henry IV this weekend, thus my inspiration for this thread.

Lest you think me a total geek, I assure you I'm only part geek , if one has never seen Shakespeare performed well, I can understand why one might not be keen on his work. But rest assured, that dude really knew how to write a story. I heartily suggest one start, not with Romeo and Juliet as is often what one will encounter somewhere around the seventh or eighth grade, but rather with the history plays since one can read history (Wiki will generally even do) and know more or less where the plot will go, thus making the somewhat unfamiliar linguistics more understandable.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0