View Single Post
      02-22-2020, 05:21 PM   #11
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

I would also caution the carbon black looks more black in pics than it does in person, in my experience. Mine never really appeared black to me, just super dark blue sometimes (anytime not in direct light).

A lot of pics that aren't in a lot of light show it more black than it really is in person, IMO. Pics with good light show the gorgeous blue through. But 80 or 90% of the time, looks like dark blue.

Again though, both awesome and I will without question buy both again. And I take back my clashing with the shadow line statement, never bothered me on my 550 (didn't do the grill, but had it around the windows). In fact, that you can see the difference in the shadow line and the blue shows that it isn't that deep black like BSM. I loved the carbon Black, but still love that deep black like acf10's in the lease takeover thread a little more.

Here's a couple shots to show what I mean (damn, I miss that car!!!). The one at the dealership is the way it looked to me most of the time. Dark but not quite that stark black like BSM or any regular metallic black, not terribly different than any dark blue. The one in the sun by the river shows a little glimpse of how awesome it can be in direct sun. So maybe it's best for sunny climates...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0