06-19-2019, 12:57 PM   #22
G050i
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05) 50i w/ M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by genericgio View Post
Great write up! Thanks for the tips.

Took me 3 hours total. Next time I’ll wait for the M50i.

Some additional tips

1. Do the driver’s side first. The passenger side is more difficult due to the wiring harness obscuring the top inner bolt.

2. Make sure you mask the area around the opening with painters tape. Add a second and third layer for good measure.

3. I found it difficult to completely remove the passenger side heat shield, instead I unbolted it and pulled it forward far enough to unblock the exhaust cover.

4. Added some pics. My apologies in advance, the bolts are not visible from underneath the car. Just feel around until your hand starts to bleed. I’ve also included the annotated TIS image as it helped me visualize what I could not see.
What's going everyone? New to the forum but have been reading posts for a few months now since I took delivery of my G05 2 weeks ago. Great tips and insight and just general info. Thanks

I wanted to just ask about the install of these exhaust tips bc I tried everything to a T this past weekend and breezed thru all the steps up until the dreaded "invisible" screws holding the exhaust tip. I just want to confirm if it's 2 or 3 screws bc from my visual look, it only looked like 2 screws and i've read some stating 2 and some stating 3. Nevertheless, these were like many said, really really difficult to get too. I just dont see how there's enough spacing to even get a proper 8mm wrench in there whether socket or gear? Any additional tips or pictures if possible would help greatly. I had to bail on the project after like 2 hours of staring and trying on the passenger side.

Again, thanks to everyone for their tips and general insight on the G05 thus far!
Appreciate 0