Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Dog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Okay, I'll wait for Coronavirus to infect 1% of the populace before I panic. And it was 2.1% worldwide in 2018, likely closer to 5% in 2019 and certainly higher going forward.
So, I don't want a debate about Tesla or EV's being the second coming. I said, that the Hummer is the first EV that actually might appeal to me and maybe the mainstream.....you should be happy about that....

As far as your numbers go, I suspect they are skewed by places like California, NY, China (who charges their EV's by burning coal) San Fran etc. And frankly, I think you might be on the high side, but still with the uptake vs life expectancy, turn over and then infrastructure and tax challenges the change is coming but it's going to take a few decades.
I actually hate EVs. But no more than the ton of anodyne, half liter per cylinder, ZF8 cars and SUVs we're stuck with anyway.

Consumers like lazy torque. And EVs provide more of it, more immediately than any ICE car. Now that Tesla is at 370 miles of range, and promising 400 soon, there are fewer people that can't replace one or both cars with them.

I'm sure it's because of emissions, but I find it frustrating that only Porsche is making a push back towards n/a and manuals. I like to work for my performance, even if it means soccer moms dust me at most lights.

I'll just be over here dreaming of a manual A110.
Appreciate 2
Salty Dog3572.50
clee1982797.50