View Single Post
      02-18-2020, 02:06 PM   #38
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ky0u View Post
This is a software limiter thats flashed off on first service. And this is also a good idea, however, wondering what effect this would have on the final price of the vehicle.

Remember that motorcycles, particularly flagship liter bikes, boast the very latest in tech, but as a result, their price tags reflect this. The stuff on a bike is more than just a speed governor. As seen in your post, there are many systems integrated into the "Modes" that you can set up.

The closest parallel we have to this would be, halo vehicles showcasing the latest tech. I.E, 7er, Lexus LS, etc. But then, look at their MSRPs
Point being, the tech has been around and working well for years. It really astounds me that the tech that has been around in performance motorcycles for years have yet or is just appearing in automobiles. The different riding modes for the RR has been around since it's introduction in 2009. Yes, tech such as what we're talking about are introduced in the flagship products. But eventually trickle down to other models in the brand. No different than what happens with automobiles.

The list above doesn't account for the latest updates to the RR which includes electronic suspension damping which first appeared in the HP1 and is now standard on all RRs. The suspension is adjusted based on various things happening with the bike at the time to include lean angle, speed, throttle position, and any differential in wheel speeds. I can tell you first hand the system works very well as I've experienced it on track.
Appreciate 0