View Single Post
      02-26-2020, 11:56 AM   #62
Salty Dog
Captain
Rep
Drives: Austin Mini,MBGLK, Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
I cannot tell which Bunnahabin that is (have a really good sherried one), but that Glendronach 15 is one of my all time favorite sherried whiskys.

If OP likes the Quinta Ruban, they would love this Glendronach 15/18. The 12 is a tad too sweet for me, and the 21 just doesn't have much more to add over the 18 IMO.

Yes it is, and it is amazing. It has a little less peat and more fruit come through than their closer comparables like the uigeadail and the an oa. The only Ardbeg I don't really enjoy is the Corryvreckan as there is way too much going on for me, straight punch in the face.
The Bunnahabin is the 18 year old, fabulous. The Glenlivet 21 is just off the hook too. The Benromach was a gift from my best friend, he's the Whisk(e)y Consultant for Johnny Walker. It was a limited run and is no longer available which is killing me because I just love it, but don't want to finish it. He gave it to me for my 55th/retirement gift. Then we drove to Kentucky and did the bourbon trail and bourbonfest.
Appreciate 0